About ASURE Centre
ASURE Centre envisages to essentially cover multifaceted aspects related to alternate energy including testing, certification, training and research aspects on a broader scale and taking up projects benefitting a larger populace. ASURE centre is a specialized centre with focus on research, testing and consultancy related to renewable energy including PV modules, inverters, batteries and solar home kits. On the broader scale, aims of the centre are listed as:
- To provide testing facility related to renewable energy equipment.
- To issue certificates and compliance report to the consignee.
- To create awareness session related to renewable energy to the local industries and residential consumer.
- To bridge the gap between academia and industry through research, consultation and providing customized smart energy solutions.
Testing labs and research areas of ASURE centre is summarized in Figure 1.
PV testing lab is a specialized test lab under the ASURE centre with focus on Quality Assurance and risk evaluation for PV modules. This lab is providing testing facility to industry, commercial consumers, and government institutions. The aim of the testing facility is to build the confidence of the consumer that the reliable and energy efficient equipment is reaching to the market through standard compliance checking. Following tests are being performed on PV modules in the PV Lab.
- Electroluminescence (EL)
- Power at STC (Standard Test Conditions)
- Power at low irradiance
- Wet-leakage test
- Hot Spot Test (HS)
- Potential Induced Degradation (PID)
- Peel-off test
- And others
Recently Government of Pakistan has provided Rs. 200m grant for expanding the facility.